One-day training course for RotaView users
RotaView is a computerised shift planning and administration system. It is used by a growing number of organisations from a cross-section of business sectors. For more details select the RotaView option from the menu available on the Home Page.
This hands-on course has been designed for both new and experienced users of RotaView. Each delegate is provided with a PC and a specially designed training database. They also have access to a copy of their company's database should they wish to try out some new ideas. Working through a series of exercises at their own pace, new users will receive a good grounding in the basics of running the system, while experienced users will be able to explore some of the more advanced features.
- Rotas - a description
- RotaView overview
- Basic functions - adding staff; assigning staff to rotas; moving staff between rotas; making shift changes; allocating holiday and sickness
- Views (user-defined reports) - creating and printing out
- Listing out basic data (eg. shift codes, rotas, staff records, holiday entitlements) - use of "filters"
- Problem solving exercises
- Holiday management - using holiday targets
- Overtime management - using "memos" for overtime reasons - overtime analysis reports
- Creating a rota - defining rota lines - assigning staff to rota lines
- Shift and holiday target setting
- Staffing levels by time of day
- Creating Views that are sub-sets or combinations of "areas"
- Interface with other Windows applications
- Creating reports in Microsoft Word using "template" files
- European (or company) working time rules checking
- Security - setting passwords
- Creating charts
Anyone who is either using or intending to use RotaView.